Lye- Sodium Hydroxide Beads for Soap Making
Natures Garden's lye (sodium hydroxide) is packaged in certified HDPE bottles with child proof lids. Each bottle is 2 lbs. in weight, and food grade quality. Natures Garden's lye is 99% pure lye micro beads; which is slightly more pure than lye flakes. Our lye is priced at wholesale prices to save you money. Scroll down the page to read our HAZMAT WAIVER. When you purchase lye from Natures Garden online, you are automatically agreeing to this Waiver.
When purchasing larger quantities of lye, please be aware that all of our lye is packaged in 2 lb. bottles regardless of how many pounds you purchase. Therefore, when you buy 10 pounds of lye, you will receive 5 - 2 pound bottles of lye.
Soap made from scratch cannot be made without using lye (sodium hydroxide). Lye works as an emulsifier in soap making that allows oils/butters to mix with water to create soap. This process is called saponification.
WARNINGS & USAGE NOTES
1. This product is considered a hazardous material and can only be shipped via ground shipping to the lower 48 United States. Regardless of the shipping option you choose, lye will ONLY be shipped via ground.
2. We package lye in certified, approved packaging, abiding by all laws set forth by the Department of Transportation. Therefore, Natures Garden lye shipments are classified as ORM-D consumer commodities. All Natures Garden staff members have undergone an extensive safety program on how to handle, package, and utilize lye. We abide by all OSHA safety requirements. In the event that you have employees working for you, we suggest that you develop an OSHA approved safety program for all products your employees will be handling.
3. POISON: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN AND PETS. Ingestion of lye can cause death.
4. DANGER: Avoid getting lye in contact with your skin, eyes, or any other body part. Be sure to wear protective clothing, gloves, a mask, and protective eye wear when working with lye. Inhalation of lye/water solution can be harmful to your lungs.
5. When working with lye, NEVER ADD WATER TO LYE! It can create a dangerous lye volcano. Lye should be slowly added to water, and allowed to dissolve.
6. Before working with lye, review the MSDS sheet provided on our site. This MSDS sheet will provide specifics on usage, first aid measures, storage, and disposal.
When purchasing Sodium Hydroxide (caustic soda, NaOH, Lye) or Potassium Hydroxide (caustic potash, KOH, Lye) from Natures Garden online, you are automatically accepting the following agreement. If you purchase Lye from Natures Garden in our store, you will be required to sign this Hazmat Waiver before you can purchase.
You will be using this product (lye) for making soap only.
You will not be reselling this product (lye).
You completely understand that this material (lye) is considered hazardous. You understand that this product (lye) can cause harm to your body.
You understand that this product (lye) is poisonous and can cause death if ingested.
You understand that lye will cause damage to your skin, eyes, or any other body part that it comes in contact with.
You understand that this product must be kept out of reach of children and pets.
You confirm that you are an adult, age 18 or above.
You have reviewed the MSDS Sheet pertaining to safe handling, usage, and disposal of this product.
You understand that water should never be added to lye or you will experience a "lye volcano". Lye is slowly added to water in small amounts when preparing your lye solution for soap making.
You assume responsibility for using, storing, and disposing of this product properly, and do not hold Natures Garden liable for any harm or damage caused to you or anyone else who comes into contact with this product.