INCI (Foeniculum vulgare). Fennel has a spicy aroma similar to nutmeg. Fennel seeds are used in cosmetics, personal care, and soap recipes.
Country of Origin: India
Uses in Cosmetics, Soap, Ect.:
1. Fennel seed can be used as a natural decoration in candle making. Herbs should not be added to candle wax that is actually burned. It can be added to hurricane shells that are never burned, or simply placed around the base of pillars as a decoration. Herbs can, however, be added to candle wax and used as non-burning tarts.
2. Fennel seed can be used in many potpourri formulations
3. Fennel seed can be used in natural bath tea recipes to provide a wonderful, spicy aroma. Fennel seed helps to relieve mild skin irritation, and helps cleanse the skin.
4. Fennel seed can be used as a decorative element in soaps, or ground to provide exfoliation.
5. Fennel seed can be used in the formulation of natural herbal waters
6. Fennel seed can be infused in oil to create perfumes, or added to lotions for a spicy aroma.
7. Fennel seed can be used in eye pillow recipes due to their wonderful aroma.
8. Fennel seed can be ground and used in facial masks to provide mild cleansing and toning. It helps the pores of the skin to open and release impurities. Fennel seed can also be ground and used in body powders.
9. Fennel can be used in scrubs.
Note: Natures Garden sells our herbs for external use only. We do not sell them as food items. Due to FDA regulations, we cannot answer medical questions or provide dosage recommendations. (The information we provide is for educational purposes only. This information is not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any disease. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration). Keep all herbs out of reach of children and pets. Special care should be taken by pregnant and/or lactating women when handling herbs. Please consult a healthcare professional for more information. Natures Garden accepts no responsibility (written or implied) for any products you make with our herbs. All testing is the responsibility of the customer.