3. In a double boiler, melt your candelilla wax and cocoa butter since they take longer than the other oils in this recipe to melt.
4. Weigh out the proper amounts of coconut oil 76, castor oil, and vitamin E.
5. Add those oils to your melted candelilla wax/cocoa butter mixture, and allow to melt thoroughly. Be careful not to get your oils/butters too hot or you will ruin them. Remove from heat.
6. Add flavoring/lip tint color/sweetener to your mixture if you choose. These are all optional. Hint: Crush stevia into a fine powder, and sprinkle a tiny portion of it into the melted lip balm and mix well. The stevia will not dissolve, it will simply suspend itself in the lip balm.
7. Place your mixture into lip balm pots using the transfer pipettes. Plastic pipettes work better than glass pipettes because they do not cool down your mixture as quickly as glass pipettes do. For a whipped butter look, whip your ingredients while they are beginning to set up with a mixer, then spoon into lip balm pots.
8. Allow to cool at room temperature.
We hope that you enjoy our vegan lip butter recipe!
Natures Garden is not responsible for the performance of any of the recipes provided on our website. Testing is your responsibility. If you plan to resell any recipes we provide, it is your responsibility to adhere to all FDA regulations. If there are ingredients listed in a recipe that Natures Garden does not sell, we cannot offer any advice on where to purchase those ingredients.