1. First, we would like to note that these recipes utilize herbs. Since black walnut hulls are a natural plant based ingredient, the depth of the color can change from batch to batch.
2. Next, in the recipes below you want to make sure that your black walnut hulls powder is free of clumps. So, if there are clumps, you will need to remove them. To do this we created a pouch and rolled the powder using a rolling pin prior to making each eyeshadow. So, to do this, place piece of wax paper in front of you. Then, fold it in half. Along two of the side edges, make a one inch fold again. Place the measured out powder in the opening of the wax paper. Use the rolling pin to break up any clumps. You can also use a sifter to remove any small clumps.
3. First, you will need 3 very small mixing bowls. In your first bowl, add 1 ½ tsp of the arrowroot powder.
4. Also, to this bowl, add 1 tsp of the black walnut hulls powder. Stir slowly to blend the ingredients. Add the powder mixture to one of the 10 ml jars. This will create a deep brown matte eyeshadow finish.
5. Next, we will create an eyeshadow that is shimmery with a hint of brown. So, in the second bowl, add 1 tsp of the arrowroot powder, ½ tsp black walnut hulls powder, and ½ tsp Diamond Dust Mica Pigment. Stir, blending all three ingredients completely. Add the contents of this bowl to one of the 10 ml jar.
6. Lastly, we will be creating an eyeshadow incorporating the 24K Gold Mica Pigment. This will give the eyeshadow a warm brown colored shadow with a gold undertone with a slight shimmer. So, once again, you will need a small bowl. To this bowl, add 1 tsp arrowroot powder, ½ tsp black walnut hulls powder, and ½ tsp 24K Gold Mica Pigment. Blend the ingredients before adding them to one of your 10 ml jars.
Natures Garden is not responsible for the performance of any of the recipes provided on our website. Testing is your responsibility. If you plan to resell any recipes we provide, it is your responsibility to adhere to all FDA regulations. If there are ingredients listed in a recipe that Natures Garden does not sell, we cannot offer any advice on where to purchase those ingredients.