INCI (Beta vulgaris rubra). Beet root powder is known for its high levels of nutrients; containing beta carotene, vitamin B5, vitamin B1, vitamin C, glycine, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, selenium, tryptophan, tyrosine, and zinc. In natural cosmetics, beet root powder is used to provide the skin with an abundance of nutrients, and can be used in melt and pour soap as a natural colorant to provide a pink /red color. Beet root powder can be used in lip balm/lip gloss recipes to naturally color them pink/red. Beet root powder does have a distinct beet smell that can be over-powered with fragrance or flavoring (depending on which application you are making).
Country of Origin: USA
Uses in Cosmetics, Soap, Ect.:
1. Beet root powder can be used in bath tea recipes to provide your skin with an abundance of nutrients, and to turn your bath water a pink color.
2. Beet root powder can be used in melt and pour soap to naturally color it pink/red. Beet root powder will turn cold process soap a yellowish brown color. When adding beet root powder to melt and pour soaps, you will want to wet the beet root powder in a small amount of vegetable glycerin first so that it will disperse more easily in the melted soap.
3. Beet root powder can be added to lip balm, lip gloss recipes to tint them pink/red.
4. Beet root powder can be added to scrubs
5. Beet root powder can be added to facial mask recipes
6. Beet root powder can be infused and added to lotion, creams, and ointment recipes; providing them with a natural pink/red color.
7. Beet root powder can be added to bath bomb recipes.
Note: Natures Garden sells our herbs for external use only. We do not sell them as food items. Due to FDA regulations, we cannot answer medical questions or provide dosage recommendations. (The information we provide is for educational purposes only. This information is not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any disease. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration). Keep all herbs out of reach of children and pets. Special care should be taken by pregnant and/or lactating women when handling herbs. Please consult a healthcare professional for more information. Natures Garden accepts no responsibility (written or implied) for any products you make with our herbs. All testing is the responsibility of the customer.