INCI (Boswellia carteri). Also called olibanum. One of the gifts given to baby Jesus by the Wise Men. Frankincense is a water/alcohol soluble resin. It is much easier to work with frankincense when it is in powder form. In order to do this, freeze the frankincense overnight, and then grind it using a mortar & pestal or an electric grinder. Frankincense will dissolve in water, but will do so more rapidly when placed in boiling water.
Country of Origin: Ethiopia
1. Frankincense can be used as a natural decoration in candle making. Herbs should not be added to candle wax that is actually burned. It can be added to hurricane shells that are never burned, or simply placed around the base of pillars as a decoration. Herbs can, however, be added to candle wax and used as non-burning tarts.
2. Frankincense can be used in many potpourri formulations
3. Frankincense can be ground and used in natural bath tea recipes
4. Frankincense can be ground and used in soap recipes to rejuvenate the skin, treat acne, fight fungal and bacterial infections, and to treat wounds.
5. Frankincense can be used in the formulation of natural infusions.
6. Frankincense can be ground and used in the formulations of perfumes.
7. Frankincense can be ground and used in lotions, creams, and ointments.
8. Frankincense can be ground and used in emulsifying scrubs.
9. Frankincense tears can be burned as incense. Frankincense can be placed in boiling water and the steam inhaled to help reduce sinus and lung congestion.
Note: Natures Garden sells our herbs for external use only. We do not sell them as food items. (The information we provide is for educational purposes only. This information is not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any disease. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration). Keep all herbs out of reach of children and pets. Special care should be taken by pregnant and/or lactating women when handling herbs. Natures Garden accepts no responsibility (written or implied) for any products you make with our herbs. All testing is the responsibility of the customer.